Created in partnership with Office Depot® OfficeMax®
In addition to filling out all the necessary paperwork, it’s important to introduce your new hire to your company’s culture. If one of your business’s core values is having a low ecological impact, you should communicate that to your newest team members by outfitting them with office products that reflect your commitment to the environment. Here are a few greener suggestions on what should be in your new employee product kit.
Pens, Paper & Post-Its
While some might argue that a modern office should be entirely paperless, there are times when it is more efficient to just use a pen and some paper to jot down some notes from a meeting or to create a to-do list for a group project. Look for quality office products that are made with recycled content.
Highlighters, Scissors & Tape Dispenser
Next, you’ll want to make sure the kit has a few items in it that can be used to make modifications quickly. Try fluorescent yellow smear-resistant ink. Scissors with stainless steel blades and comfortable handles can make even a large cutting project seem like a breeze. And magic tape with a clear matte finish makes it ideal for use on documents that need to be photocopied or photographed. There are eco-conscious options for all of these items as you will see below.
Stapler, Paper Clips & Desk Organizer
Lastly, you’ll want to make sure that your employee has the tools they need to keep their documents organized. For materials like inter-office reports, try a stapler that’s both easy to use and easy on the hands. For documents that need to be kept neatly intact, sturdy paper clips can hold up to 20 documents in place. And a great desk organizer can have enough compartments to hold your new hire’s office products together in one tidy and environmentally conscious package. Check out these greener options below.
Get Started With These Products From OfficeMax Office Depot
- BIC® Ecosolutions Pens
- Office Depot® Brand 100% Recycled Perforated Writing Pads
- Post-it™ 3″ x 3″ 30% Recycled Super Sticky Notes
- Office Depot® Brand Chisel-Tip Highlighter with 100% total recycled plastic
- Westcott Ruler KleenEarth® Soft-Handle Scissors, with 70% total recycled content
- Scotch Magic Greener Tape With Bonus Tape Dispenser, both the tape and the dispenser are made from recycled content
- ProPaper® 30% Recycled Ecostapler®
- Office Depot® Brand 50% Recycled Paper Clips
- Office Depot® Brand 30% Recycled Desk Organizer
For more on tools to grow your small business,
visit Office Depot OfficeMax.