Created in partnership with Office Depot® OfficeMax®
There has been a quiet revolution in the lighting industry over the past couple of years. Just when it was thought CFLs (Compact Fluorescent Lights) were going to completely replace the traditional incandescent light bulb, the LED light came along and made CFL technology short-lived.
The LED bulbs require significantly less wattage than an incandescent bulb or even a CFL. The bottom line is that LED bulbs are longer lasting and more energy-efficient than any other type of bulb.
Here are some simple facts from the US Department of Energy that make LED bulbs the most compelling lighting source for the home or office:
- LED bulbs last up to 10 times longer than a typical CFL, and much more than that when compared to traditional incandescent bulbs.
- LED bulbs do not have a filament like traditional bulbs. As such, they are not subject to ‘breaking’ from the drops or bumps that would break a traditional bulb. As a solid state technology, LEDs withstand normal use and bumping much better than any other technology.
- LED bulbs are extremely efficient and use only 3 to 17 watts of electricity to produce typical light outputs. LEDs consume about a third if the energy of the typical CFL and consume about 1/30th of electricity when compared to a traditional incandescent bulb.
- LED bulbs are initially more expensive; however, their electricity savings and their long life make them cheaper than both CFLs and incandescent bulbs.
A great source for LED bulbs is Office Depot OfficeMax. They have a great selection for all your lighting needs.
- For use in standard light fixtures
- Highly efficient bulb emits soft, natural-looking light to brighten the room
- Consumes less electricity than conventional incandescent bulbs to help save you money
- Uses nearly 80 percent less energy than a traditional incandescent light bulb
visit Office Depot OfficeMax.